Since the 18th century, there have been allotments here found on the outskirts of the walled city. With the industrial revolution in 1802, the first textile factory dedicated to printing was built here. This history has led to the graphic design and signposting of our current project.
The allotments led to a factory-house where workers also lived. The building suffered from numerous accidents such as the bombing of Barcelona during the civil war, when a missile exploded, according to journalists and photographers of the time, giving rise to the memorandum-sculpture design on the surface of the ground floor’s corridor, in the exact spot where the explosion took place.
Finally, we have now recovered some old allotments and within the surroundings of these industries built over two centuries, we are designing a healthy, sustainable, flexible and social way of life.